Burns Associates is currently seeking a Law Clerk or Legal Secretary to assist a busy lawyer. We prefer that the applicants have at least one year experience, however, all applicants will be reviewed and considered.
Duties included are as follows:
- Scheduling meetings and screening new clientele;
- Diarizing meetings;
- Drafting various pleadings;
- Drafting correspondence, including letters to counsel and clients;
- Reviewing correspondence and providing brief summaries to the lawyer;
- Managing document production, including obtaining productions and/or undertakings from clients and other parties; compiling and monitoring affidavits of documents; and creating and maintaining summaries of productions;
- Reviewing files, monitoring follow up items, and performing clerical tasks as required
The ideal applicant must:
- Be detail oriented, efficient, organized and able to multi-task;
- Be conscientious and deadline oriented with their work;
- Have a strong work ethic and be confident to work independently.