2018 Civil Sittings and Long Civil Trials
The Sittings for 2018 are as follows:
- February 12, 2018 – speak to February 5, 2018 @ 10
- May 7, 2018 – speak to April 30, 2018 @ 10
- September 17, 2018 – speak to September 10, 2018 @ 10
- November 26, 2018 – speak to November 19, 2018 @ 10
Note: Counsel are required to attend speak to court unless a **Consent for Trial Readiness Form is completed and signed by all parties.
- March 19, 2018 - 3 weeks
- October 9, 2018 - 3 weeks
Civil claims online filing (http://ontario.ca/civilclaims) will be available across Ontario as of November 27, 2017, following a successful pilot of the service earlier this year for actions in the Superior Court of Justice in Brampton, London, Newmarket, Ottawa, Sudbury and Toronto. Users of the service have expressed a high level of satisfaction with the service, describing the service as “fast,” “useful,” and of “high quality/reliable” and indicating that they would recommend the service.
The civil claims service enables you to start a civil action online in the Superior Court of Justice — 24/7 — without visiting a courthouse.
With this service, users can submit the following documents for filing with the Superior Court of Justice online:
- Statement of Claim
- Notice of Action
- Affidavit of Litigation Guardian of a Plaintiff under a Disability
- Request for Bilingual Proceedings
- Consent to File Documents in French.
The service allows lawyers to file a claim online easily. Lawyers don’t have to fill out the same identifying information every time they submit a claim for filing. The service also allows:
- ·online payment of court fees by credit card or Interac;
- delivery of a court-issued Statement of Claim or Notice of Action by email;
- draft submissions to be saved and submitted at a later time; and
- ·online transactions to be tracked (online access to a history of a user’s submissions, draft submissions and online fee payments).
VIEW GUIDE HERE
For more information, please visit ontario.ca/civilclaims. Attached is a poster listing the simplicity and benefits of the service, and a guide on how to set up a Justice Services Online account, which is required to access the civil claims online filling service. Please share this link, the poster and the guide with members of your organization.
The intention is to deliver a service that is responsive to the needs of the public and the legal community. We hope that you will find the civil claims online filing service to be an effective tool for your legal practice and for the members of your legal organization.
If you have any questions or would like to provide feedback about the service, please contact Vaia Pappas, A/Director of the Operational Support Branch at email@example.com.