If you’re looking to be part of a dynamic legal team with a history of excellence and expertise, then look no further than Evans, Philp! For over 100 years our Firm has delivered high quality general and specialized services to our insurance clients and we couldn’t have done it without our talented team of dedicated and hardworking administrative professionals. We are now looking to add an experienced Legal Assistant to our AB department. As a legal Assistant this role supports a busy practice so our ideal candidate must have superior time management and organizational skills, and the ability to easily adapt to new challenges and changes.
The world has changed a lot in the past few years and so has our Firm. Being paperless the transition to remote work was seamless, and the experience has been overwhelmingly positive. To set you up for success you can expect a blend of time in the office being trained by your amazing coworkers, and time working independently from home. If you want to build a rewarding career as part of a great Firm and with a great lawyer – and enjoy some awesome perks - Evans, Philp could be the place for you!
We currently working on an optional remote model.
- Paperless file management and organization using Primafact; ensuring the file is up-to-date with all emails and documentation
- Transcribe dictation
- Diarize and manage timelines using Time Matters
- Scheduling case conferences
- Billing, organization and submission of invoices using PCLaw or ProLaw; using client billing portals
- Communication and correspondence with stakeholders; using client communication portals
- Posting dockets
- May be required to perform other administrative duties within scope and nature of the position
To be successful in this role, you possess:
- Minimum 2 years administrative experience in fast paced environment (experience in an insurance defence considered an asset)
- Impeccable time management
- Knowledge of Licensed Appeal Tribunal (LAT) procedures would be an asset
- Knowledge of Standard Accident Benefits Schedule (SABS) considered an asset
- Superior organization skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated ability to handle a high volume of work
- Unwavering commitment to client service
- Knowledge of Court Procedures and the Rules of Civil Procedure
Please email your resume to Amanda Hinsperger, Office Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Evans, Philp is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please let us know during the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Evans, Philp offers a competitive compensation package including employee benefits and an RSP program. Employees work on a remote optional model.